With the launch of Yes, Chef, it’s only appropriate to have a cocktail inspired by the memoir. Part Ethiopian, part ginger beer and all parts mouthwatering, the concoction is paired with Cocci Americano, a citrusy and cinnamon packed apertif, some pineapple juice and ginger beer. The spicy that comes with the sweet (just like in life) is a lemon wheel lightly dusted with beberbe, the Ethiopian spice flavored with chili powder, ginger and garlic. With a minimalist list of ingredients, start your weekend off right by revisiting the flavors and spices of Ethiopian cuisine shaken together in a unique and savory cocktail.
“Yes, Chef” Cocktail Recipe
|Total Time:||10 minutes|
- .75 oz pineapple juice
- 1.75 oz Mint infused SKYY Vodka
- .75 oz muddled mint
- .75 oz honey
- .75 oz ginger beer
- .75 oz Cocci Americano
- Lemon wheel (wedge) topped with berbere
1) Muddle the mint with the honey.
2) Combine the muddled mixture with the rest of the ingredients and place them in a cocktail shaker.
3) Double strain the mixture over a rocks glass full of ice.
4) Finish the cocktail off with a lemon wheel that has been lightly dusted with berbere.