This easy to assemble and beautifully garnished fish tostada recipe comes inspired from Marcus’ memoir, in which his childhood years spent living next to the ocean resulted in memories filled with fresh seafood. A convenient tapas favorite like a tostada is festive party plate, especially with a kick of Mexican flavor. The tuna tostada here gets a modern twist from some pickled shallots and creamy texture with avocado garnish, all in convenient bite-sized portions.
Want more Yes, Chef recipes?
Photo courtesy of Muy Yum
Yes, Chef Fish Tostadas
|Calories:||125 per serving|
|Prep Time:||1 hr|
|Cook Time:||40 mins|
|Total Time:||1 hr 40 mins|
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 10 shallots
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces tuna
- Kosher salt
- Napa cabbage
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1/ /package small corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Peel and thinly slice shallots.
2. Bring white wine vinegar, sugar, and water to a boil then pour over shallots.
3. Let sit until cooled to room temperature, then refrigerate till needed.
1. Juice lemons, and limes, strain then refrigerate.
2. Slice tuna so that it will fit onto the tostada, then refrigerate till needed.
1. Use a 1 1/2 inch ring mold cutter, cut small rounds out of tortillas.
2. Deep fry till golden brown, season with kosher salt.
Garnish and Avocado:
1. Thinly slice cabbage that will fit inside the tostadas.
2. Blend the avocados with citrus juice and salt to taste.
1. Marinate the fish in the citrus, season with salt, let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Layer the tostadas, avocado, fish, cayenne pepper, cabbage, pickled shallot and
cilantro. Garnish with caviar.