This is a great example of how to use those leftover broccoli stems. The tahini dressing is also delicious as a dip for raw or steamed florets.
Broccoli Slaw with Tahini Dressing Recipe
|Calories:||134 per serving|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||5 minutes|
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic , grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- the large stem of one head of broccoli
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. For the dressing, mix together the cumin, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Trim the broccoli stem of the woody outer layer using a vegetable peeler. Cut about an inch off the bottom and discard. Cut the stem lengthwise into matchstick sized pieces. Cut the carrot into the same matchstick sized pieces.
3. Use a knife to cut the head of cabbage into shreds. Combine the broccoli, cabbage, and carrots in a bowl, pour dressing over the vegetables. Add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sesame seeds. If not serving immediately, keep the dressing and the vegetables separate, and dress just before serving.