This warm salad is perfectly healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Steaming the kale atop the quinoa during the last 5 minutes of cooking makes this one-pot recipe all the worthwhile. The earthy flavors of each ingredient compliment each other wonderfully – you’re going to want to make this!
A few more great recipes from Kendall Kish:
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets
|Calories:||250 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2.5 cups kale, chopped
- 2 beets ,tops and stems removed
- 1 Meyer lemon juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scallion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the beets in tin foil and drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 45-50 minutes until tender. When cool, remove skin and chop into one inch pieces.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions, but during the last 5 minutes of cooking add the chopped kale to the top of the quinoa, cover and let it steam. When done, fluff lightly together with a fork.
3. While the quinoa and kale are cooking, combine in a large bowl the lemon juice, lemon zest, scallions, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the quinoa/kale mixture to the bowl, stir everything together, and season with salt and pepper. Top with the roasted beets and serve.