Kale is my staple food, and the versatile recipes are endless, so be creative! It is yummy, hearty, loaded with chlorophyll and other valuable nutrients, and is a fast way to curb hunger. Food is like currency to me; before I eat, I always ponder, “Is this valuable currency?” Well, kale is invaluable with tons of Vitamins K, A, and C, and it’s packed with alkalizing minerals for a balanced pH level. Eating kale is like having money in the bank!
Kale Salad Exotica
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil, or 1/4 cup of coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and pink peppercorns , to taste
- 4 golden beets, sliced paper thin on mandolin
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons raw apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- extra-virgin coconut oil
1. Mix ingredients in large bowl.
2. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Serve and enjoy!