A club sandwich is one of my favorite things to eat. This version, with the smooth avocado, salty bacon and briny crab has a different twist. It’s very yummy and quick and easy to make.
Open Faced Crab BLT Sandwich Recipe
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 4 ounces jumbo lump crab
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. microgreens (or you can substitute sprouts)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Sauté the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain it on a paper towel.
2. Toast or grill the bread slices and spread mayonnaise evenly on both pieces. Top with divided tomato slices and add 2 slices of cooked bacon each over the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Layer the avocado slices over the tomatoes then divide crab evenly over each open faced sandwich.
4. Garnish with microgreens or sprouts and serve with a lemon wedge, if desired.