In conjunction with a Ralph Lauren Instagram Video Series for “How to Cook”, I was asked to offer tips on how to prepare this lake trout recipe. Fresh fish straight out of the water is best, but if you don’t happen to fish for food, just head to your fish monger and get the best piece of trout or arctic char you can get. Serve with Raw Kale Salad for the perfect meal!
Pan Seared Lake Trout Recipe
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Lake Trout , skinned, deboned and cut into 4 filets (you can also use arctic char)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 lemon , cut into 4 wedges
1. Mix first four ingredients together and brush on trout.
2. Place a large pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add olive oil and butter and sear each piece of fish for 3 minutes on each side. In the meantime, add the lemon wedges into the pan. When the trout is ready (5-6 minutes), put one lemon on top of each trout, and serve with Raw Kale Salad.