Refined and light, this impressive dish makes everyday dinners special. I love how beautiful the cauliflower looks alongside the rosy salmon. These are classic Mediterranean flavors that can brighten up any summertime dinner.
Need to know how to perfectly pan sear fish? Click here for some easy tips.
For more Fish recipes:
Pan-Seared Salmon with Cauliflower and Pine Nuts Recipe
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 6-to-7-ounce bunch cauliflower
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup halved and pitted kalamata olives
- 3 teaspoons finely slivered organic orange peel (orange part only; removed with zester), divided
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 7- to 8-ounce salmon fillets with skin (each about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and stir 1 minute. Roast cauliflower stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
Add pine nuts and continue to move them in the pan till golden brown.
Stir in olives and 2 teaspoons orange peel.
Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce and lemon juice.
Finish with chopped herbs and drizzle with olive oil.
To prepare salmon, heat 2 tablespoons oil skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
Add fish to skillet, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn fish over and cook just until fish is opaque in center, about 2 1/2 minutes longer. Transfer to plates.
Spoon cauliflower mixture over fish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon slivered orange peel and serve.