Some days just call for chocolate chip cookies. Or tubs of peanut butter. Or both.
These cookies are meant for such days.
Simultaneously, imagine a peanut butter/banana/chocolate chip combo. They can certainly make one of the more perfect cookies in this world.
Joanne Bruno is a food writer and fourth year MD/PhD student. Find more of delicious ramblings over at her blog: Eats Well With Others
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
|Calories:||63 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tbsp peanut butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. In a second large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, and sugars until well combined. Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas and stir until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop (or a spoon), scoop out the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middles are puffy. Let cool completely before eating.