Photo and Recipe courtesy of Argania.
For more Basil recipes, click here.
Pine Nut Basil Pesto with Argan Oil Recipe
|Servings:||almost 2 cups|
|Calories:||72 per 2 tbsp per serving|
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
- 1 cup pine nuts, shelled
- 2/3 cups pecorino romano cheese, grated (can substitute parmesan)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic , grated
- 175 ml Organic Argan Oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- pepper to taste
1. Roast pine nuts on stove top or in oven until browned
2. Grate garlic and cheese
3. Add roasted pine nuts, cheese, basil, garlic, and argan oil to blender or food processor and puree
4. Season with lemon juice, kosher salt, and pepper
Pair it with your favorite pasta or bread (also great as a marinade or dressing)!