Sweet Potato Pound Cake
|Cook Time:||60-75 min|
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, ginger, and cinnamon, and whisk well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy, then add eggs one at a time. Add the sweet potato.
4. At this point, it may look curdled, but that's O.K. Combine half of the flour mixture with the butter-sugar mixture, then add in half the milk mixture, beating continuously on low.
5. Add the remaining flour and milk mixtures.
6. Bake at 350 F for 60-75 min until the center is cooked through.