Refreshing and a delectable palette cleanser, this Yes, Chef tomato and watermelon salad brings a sweet yet savory combination to the forefront of this dish. North African Harissa-flavored vinaigrette adds a kick to dance upon taste buds while sweet watermelon cuts through the spice.
Want more Yes, Chef recipes?
Photo courtesy of Sifu Renka
Yes, Chef Tomato and Watermelon Salad
|Calories:||153 per serving|
|Prep Time:||20 mins|
|Cook Time:||3 mins|
|Total Time:||23 mins|
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons torn Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons harissa
1. To make the vinaigrette, combine the almonds, garlic and harissa in a small sauté pan over medium heat and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and shallots. Whisk in the almond-harissa mixture.
3.Toss the watermelon, jalapeno, parsley, mint and capers in a large bowl. Season with salt and a few grindings of fresh pepper. Add the tomatoes and toss with the vinaigrette. Garnish with goat cheese and serve immediately.